Burgandy Skies

Posts made in 5 minutes or less or your money back...if you paid money...which you don't...

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Postmodernism and the Church...

I predict troubled waters ahead for the Crystal Cathedral, but only time will tell. Just got back from preview night for "Creation" and it was...uh...Interesting. The first half, I must say, was quite the visual spectacle and could only be described as Cirque de Soleil presents Creation! Or maybe Creation! The latest Disney musical. But, I digress. The first half was a fun visual treat, my little one was captivated, the second half needed a serious overall and my little one was traumatized. Do not go for the theology. Please, don't go for the theology. But go for the fun of it. I think as an evangelical tool it failed miserably, though I wouldn't really expect anything that refers to God as "the presence" and presents Him as a completely distant creator with not even an echo of the personal, loving, relationship oriented God I could have sworn the Bible teaches about, to be evangelical at all. But anyways, Schuller said he wanted a show anyone could go to and like and that's exactly what he got - secular mediocracy, with some good showmanship. Welcome to the Postmodern Church folks!

2 Comments:

  • At 12:42 PM, Blogger Christian Lindke said…

    You should post a review of this at cinerati!

    Though this is a very good brief crit.

     
  • At 2:00 PM, Blogger BurgandySkies said…

    I have homework stuff to take care of tonight, but I'll post one as soon as I can get to it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home