Burgandy Skies

Posts made in 5 minutes or less or your money back...if you paid money...which you don't...

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

The Music Version

Ok, I will!


1. The total number of CDs/Songs I own: Somewhere over 2 gigs of individual songs, probably about 200 CDs, give or take.

2. The last CD/Song I bought: The Requiem for a Dream soundtrack. Awesome classical meets dance club soundtrack. Great for doing homework to.

3. The last concert I saw: Bond, at the House of Blues in Anaheim. It was, hands down, the best concert I’ve ever been to, as well as the best concert venue. Classical music always sounds better live, even remixed classical music, and the Bond girls were only a few feet away, very different from the statium style concerts I’ve gotten used to.

Last song I listened to:
“Satisfaction” by the Rolling Stones, mainly because David was playing some horrible Steel Wheels single and I needed to remind myself why I like the Stones, if only in small doses.

4. Five Songs or Albums that mean a lot to me, in no particular order:

1. Mr. Brownstone, by Guns N’ Roses – This was the first band I was ever obsessed with and hearing old Guns N’ Roses songs still takes me back to the more fun parts of High School. This song, in particular, I cannot listen to without singing along, and the lyrics remind me, at the same time, of some of my worse experiences from High School. Go fig.

2. Dragostea Din Tei, by O-zone – AKA the “Numa Numa” song. I love this song, it’s my new favorite. Amazingly catchy, it makes me smile whenever I hear it. ‘Nuff said.

3. Orion, by Metallica – The best Metallica song ever. This instrumental is amazing and I was really, really sad it wasn’t on the S&M album. It belongs in the classical section. It’s that good.

4. The Nutcracker Suite, by Tchkovski – Yes, it reminds me of Christmas, but it was also my first exposure to classical music and is still my favorite, especially the Arabian dance, which I think is the sexiest piece of music ever written.

5. Alive, by Pearl Jam – This song was my life perserver the day after I was raped. I must of listened to it about 20 times that day and I think it was one of the few things that kept me grounded.

Honorable Mentions: Cornflake Girl (Tori Amos), Pretty Hate Machine (Nine Inch Nails), These Thousand Hills (Third Day), He Reigns (Newsboys), Use Your Illusion I&II (Guns N’ Roses), Hard Days Night (The Beatles), Sweet Lulluby (Deep Forest)

Woo Hoo! Now I can actually tag people because no one has done this one yet (I hope):

David Scott, LYT, Christian Johnson, Luke Ford, Cathy Seipp, you are all tagged. So there.

7 Comments:

  • At 10:16 AM, Blogger David N. Scott said…

    Hmm... have to remember that about the Arabian, you meme-changer...

     
  • At 2:13 AM, Blogger LYT said…

    Ohmigod -- Orion? I'm sooo with you on that, yet I've never heard anyone else express the appropriate love for that tune.

     
  • At 10:37 AM, Blogger BurgandySkies said…

    Then you can add David to that list, too, because he's the one who introduced me to the song in the first place.

     
  • At 1:49 AM, Blogger David N. Scott said…

    Yeah, good stuff. Joe's a big fan of it, too.

     
  • At 2:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi BurgandySkies, very unique blog you have! I was looking for paid online survey related information and came across your site. Very good info, I'm definitely going to bookmark you! I have a paid online survey site. If you're still skeptical about taking surveys, you'll find detailed information for choosing the right paid survey for you. Great thing about surveys, they can be done part-time or full-time from home. Please visit it.

     
  • At 11:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Fantastic blog you've got here BurgandySkies, I was looking for paid survey related information and found your site. I have a paid survey site. If you're still skeptical about taking surveys, you'll find detailed information for choosing the right paid survey for you. Great thing about surveys, they can be done part-time or full-time from home. Stop by and check it out when you can.
    If you have a site similar to mine and would like to exchange links, please contact me through my website.

     
  • At 11:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Fantastic blog you've got here BurgandySkies, I was looking for paid online survey related information and found your site. I have a paid online survey site. If you're still skeptical about taking surveys, you'll find detailed information for choosing the right paid survey for you. Great thing about surveys, they can be done part-time or full-time from home. Stop by and check it out when you can.
    If you have a site similar to mine and would like to exchange links, please contact me through my website.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home